14.10.14. IRENA - Small scale investment
IRENA – Istrian Regional Energy Agency started with the implementation of small scale investment that will be put in place trough project TERRE and financial help of South-East Europe Transnational Cooperation Program.
IRENA will build one small PV solar plant of 6kW that will produce electrical energy solely for the power supply of one building . Plant will be placed in the area of Čepić field, or more precisely on the roof of elementary school Ivan Goran Kovačić, Čepić. Annually, plant will produce around 7,500 kWh of el.en. This building was chosen because is ideal for placement of this kind of plant; it has flat roof where you can easily place the solar panels and it annually spends around 9.775,00 kWh of electric power, what means that implemented solar plant will be able to cover about 70-80% of electricity needs of proposed building. Also, thanks to the fact that plant will be placed on the school, it will have a big visibility and demonstrative purpose.
Main components of the proposed plant:
1. Photovoltaic modules - 24 PV module units of total combined power of 6kW
2. Main distributor cabinet (GRO) - connection point of customers' installations, installation of PV power plant and external public network.
3. Cabinet for accommodation of active power equipment - accommodation of active power equipment; inverters, batteries and equipment for protection and management of the PV power plant
4. Grid power inverter el.en. (DC / AC inverter) - converts DC power from PV modules into usable AC power and has integrated electrical and voltage protection on DC and AC side.
5. Bidirectional power inverter (AC / DC and DC / AC) and batteries - uses produced el.en. according to consumers’ needs or storages surplus of produced el. into the batteries.
Inverter can work in two modes;
Normal mode - in the case where we have power from public network, inverter supplies the consumers with power from the public network and from solar power plant.
Backup power mode- in case of the failure of public network, inverter will provide important electricity consumers with the energy stored in the batteries.
6. Surveillance and communication equipment - microcomputer / communication unit with web interface- central circuit control and monitoring systems that provides monitoring and management of plant operation.
7. External lightning protection system - LPS - will assure maximal protection of the power plant and the school building.