The Local Council and the Mayor are authorities of the local public administration and resolve the problems of the town, respecting the law.
The Local Council is the deliberative authority of the Local Public Administration. In regular situation 19 elected councilors form the Council of city Odorheiu Secuiesc. The City Hall represents the executive body of the Local Public Administration and the Mayor is the head of the institution. The institution of the City Hall in Odorheiu Secuiesc is organized on more levels. The head of the City Hall is the Mayor, the Vice-mayor, the Public Administrator and the Secretary of the Local Council. The Vice-mayor is named from the members of the Local Council. Under their subordination are more directorates and departments: the Technical Directory, the Economical Directory, the Development Directory, the Administrative Department, Urbanism Department, Social department. These are coordinating the activity of several services and offices, which are building up the departments, such as:
- Local taxes and fees service
- Budget and Account service
- Human resource office
- Public service for administration of public and private domain
- Investment and Public Procurements Office
- Office for Administration of local patrimony
- Office for Culture, Sport, Education, Health and Agriculture
- Office for Project Management
- IT office
- Office for local public administration
- Urbanism and Cadastral Office
- Office for population records
- Department of public security
- PR office
- Social assistance service
- Tourism Information service
- Internal audit
- Service for Emergency Situations
The mission of the City Hall is to foster and support the growth and prosperity of the town and to serve the welfare of its citizens. The overall goal aims a supported economical development and growth and continuous improvement of public services. In the field of renewable energies the Municipality of Odorheiu Secuiesc implemented more projects funded by the Romanian Government:
- In years 2009/2010 the municipality developed de classic heating systems with additional systems which are using solar energy in district Taberei. This project helps cca. 1.500 inhabitants, living in 510 apartments with providing warm water in summer time.
- In year 2010 were implemented a pilot project - Stoke-hall using wooden biomass in district Beclean.
- The local council participated from 2008, constantly, in the national program called ”Thermo rehabilitation of flats” - until now 132 apartments were isolated.
- The municipality applied in Sectoral Operational Programme “Increase of Economic Competitiveness” for establishment of a new heating system based on cogeneration using wooden biomass.
- There are trials to change the actual heating system in flats for horizontal distribution.
As it was mentioned above, the municipality has some experiences in using renewable resources and energy efficiency, so we could be adequate partners in know-how transfer with the other partners. In first step we hope to obtain valuable data and studies which we can use in future plans. At the end of the project we will have a clearly overview about the renewable energy sources potential in our region. Also we have some funds to use in small investments – hopefully we can realize in this field a smaller heating system or we could change a boiler in a public building (like a kindergarten).